1 So it was, as the multitude pressed about Him to hear the word of God, that He stood by the Lake of Gennesaret
• Multitudes press to hear the Word. Jesus said it is not the hearer that is blessed but the doer. Those who hear and don’t do are foolish, they build on the sand and what they build cannot resist the storms of life. The wise build on the rock and that means, hearing the Word and doing it. Scripture teaches that faith comes by hearing the Word, but faith without works is dead. Multitudes have dead faith as all they do is hear the Word but never do what the Word says. We have good hearers but no doers, we have faith that comes, but faith that does not work is faith that is dead.
• In todays culture we have raised a people who press about to hear the Word, but never press into the Word. The Women with the issue of blood, never pressed about, she pressed until she touched the Word Of Life, she pressed through. With the present entertainment culture, many are happy with sermons, they rather hear a Word than allow the Word become flesh in their lives.
2 and saw two boats standing by the lake; but the fishermen had gone from them and were washing their nets. 3 Then He got into one of the boats, which was Simon’s, and asked him to put out a little from the land. And He sat down and taught the multitudes from the boat.
• Jesus is the Word of God. Jesus is the Word made flesh. People want to hear the Word but they refuse to follow the Word. The multitudes stay on the shore. They stay were it is safe. They will not step out into anything that takes them away from the shore of comfort and familiarity.
• The Word always moves. The Word is never stagnant. Make room for the Word. Peter made room for the Word in His boat. Where have you made room for the Word in your life? What have you given up in life to host the Word of God? Will you give God what you have, so His Word can come to where you are?
• The Word left the land. The Word is on the water. The Word is water. Multitudes want a sermon, and a teaching in shallow waters. These are they that are happy with shallow revelation of the Word of God. The multitudes want to hear the Word, but will not give to the Word. The multitudes want to be taught a little from the land, but they refuse the depth of the Word. The multitudes want to hear what keeps them comfortable, but they will not surrender what they have to take them deeper than where they are.
• Jesus the Word walked on water, he did not need the boat. Jesus the Word, was looking for someone to give what he had to the Word, so that the Word could create what he did not have. Many refuse to give to the Word, hence all they do is hear the Word, but the Word never works for them.
4 When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.”
• Jesus the Word of God has stopped speaking to the multitudes. Jesus the Word of God has stopped speaking to people who hear the Word but do not do the Word. The Word stopped speaking to those who hear the teachings but never give what they have to host the teacher. Many want a now Word, but cannot leave where they are at to go to where the Word is going.
• Multitudes stay on the shore, but givers go deeper. Hearers are happy with the shore and shallow, but givers to the Word and doers of the Word want to go deeper. Deep calls to deep. The Spirit hovers over the deep. Deep things belong to doers, not hearers. Deep revelation belong to those who give their boat to the Word, who can walk on water, but chose to use what you got, to get a breakthrough in your life. The Word did not need the boat, the Boat needed that Word.
• The deep has the catch. The catch is always in the deep. Shallow people and shore people, never catch the deep things of God, as they come to hear and not to do. They come to take from the Word, but never give to the Word. This is a season of launching into success. Many are being launched into deeper dimensions of breakthrough. The Water of the Word, is in your boat, to launch you into a breakthrough.
5 But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.”
• Those who give their boat to the Water of the Word, the Word of God, who can walk on water, are they who are moving from toil to total triumph. Weeping endures for the night, but joy comes in the morning. Many have been weeping and toiling through the night season, but now is the time to let down at the Word, for the Word will not let you down. The owner of the boat caught fish by toil, but the Word in the boat, made fish by His Word. The Water of the Word, created fish by the Word. Those who make room for the Word, and give to the Word, those who do the Word are those who will see the Word, work for them. What toil could not do, in the night season of nothing, the Word is doing in this season of breaking. The Word in your boat will take you from less to never the less. When you do the Word, you will never have less. When you give to the Word, you will never be less, when you make room for the Word, the Word makes room for more and not less.
6 And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking. 7 So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink.
• The Word works for doers. Mary said whatever he says to you do it. Those on the shore and those who like to hear the Word from the shallow place, do nothing, they hear. The heaers are not blessed but the doers. Faith that is alive is faith that is acting on the Word.
• The Water of the Word is taking doers of the Word from washing their nets to breaking their nets. Doers are going to see an increase in their net worth. Doers of the Word are going to see their network blessed. Doers of the Word are going to see their partners blessed. Partner with doers of the Word, for when they get a breakthrough, their breakthrough affects you.
• When you fill your life with the Word of God by doing the Word and making room for the Word, then the Word will fill your boat. The Word is filling the empty. The Word is filling the failures of the former night with favor of breakthrough.
The Word is not just filling you with blessings that float, the Word is filling you with blessings that sink. The breakthrough that comes in the deep to the doers of Gods Word, are the deep sinking blessings. Treasure in deep places. The weight of the blessings of the Word is not for shallow hearers, but doers of the Word, who give to the Word and make room for the Word till the Word blesses them with the weight of the blessings of the deep.
8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!”
9 For he and all who were with him were astonished at the catch of fish which they had taken;
• The weight of the deep Word, will reveal the nature of flesh. When God reveals, He redeems. The flesh must bow to the Word and do what the Word says. The Word of God is not to annihilate us for our sins, nor will it depart from those who make room for the Word but the Word will bless us in-spite of our sins, for the Word came not to condemn sinners but save them, so that sinners might be astonished at His Word, which is given to bless us and not curse us. Those who make room for the Word live in signs, Wonders and Miracles.
10 and so also were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid. From now on you will catch men.” 11 So when they had brought their boats to land, they forsook all and followed Him.
• When you do the Word, make room for the Word and give to the Word, then the Word will make you what you cannot make of yourself. When we give our boats, God will give us a catch, but when we give our lives, God will give us a destiny. The doer of the Word is promoted from natural to spiritual success. The one’s who leave the shore and shallow place for the deep things of God’s Word, are those who are made to succeed where they once failed. God is calling thios generation to forsake all, and follow His Word, God is not looking for hearers, God is looking for doers of His Word. We as the church, must forsake hearing and pursue doing the Word. The Word of God, the Water of the Word, does not need your boat, money, house, etc, no, the Word will take your failure and give you breakthrough in success if you will do the Word. Don’t be like the multitudes, make room for the Word, do the Word and give to the Word, for the Word has come to give you a breakthrough were you were once having a breakdown.
©Apostle Ricardo Watson